Support Worker/Health Care Assistant
ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE CRITERIA AND CAN LEGALLY WORK IN THE UK. THESE JOBS DO NOT OFFER TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
Rates of Pay
Type of work
Long day, mornings, evening, sleep ins
WE ARE HIRING – SUPPORT AND CARE WORKERS NEEDED!
Do you have a caring and compassionate nature about you? Are you interested in working in the ever-rewarding Health and Social Care industry?
We have been given a great opportunity and have a secured a contract with a large health and social care panel in Exmouth. We have lots of guaranteed shifts all over Exeter, Devon if required. There are lots of variety of shifts from 7am – 10pm with sleep in shifts, waking nights. You can have long days, half days or even make it a live in carer role to save on the travel so you can apply from anywhere aslong as you can get to the location.
This home we are currently recruiting for has 2 male service users. 1 with psychosis and other with down syndrome . This home is relaxed and quite easy to do. Majority of the care elements are prompting as they do it themselves and they do help with preparing food. You will need to do light cleaning duties and update the paperwork and take them out if they wish to go out. Both love to watch old school movies. On occasions some challenging behaviour however is to a minimum. Medication needs to be given by staff.
You will get support from other staff and the manager and the home is looking for someone consistent as we have all the waking night shifts as the preferred supplier to give the guys as less disruption as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for staff who want to be exposed to different care environments and to be able to choose the shifts they want and a great way to enter into the world of care.
No experience is necessary as long as you have a caring nature as the clients needs someone caring to ensure them everything will be ok.
Samaras Healthcare Recruitment Ltd are looking for confident workers who are passionate about looking after service users from all walks of life and putting them at the centre of their support.
- To support service users to live their life the way they choose
- To ensure service users are at the centre of their support and is person-centred
- Helping with day-to-day tasks such as personal care, routines, eating and drinking
- Ensure care plans and paperwork are adhered to and filled in accurately
- To ensure care is delivered with the upmost dignity and respect
- Comply with the homes rules.
- Either have an enhanced DBS adult check in the last 12 months or
- Be on the update system or
- Complete a new one through our agency at Enhance level
- To complete CPD accredited training though external providers or Samaras Healthcare Recruitment Ltd
- 2 references, 1 must be a UK employer if you have experience and must be your current or last employer
- We need staff to be in it for the right reasons and be happy to be nurtured by Samaras to be great workers for our clients.
- You must be at the home at 10pm to start your shift as the home is strict on lateness and you can lose this great opportunity of guaranteed shifts.
It is a legal requirement for support workers in England and with our care services to be competent in the field of Health and Social care.
- Experience is preferred for this home however for the right candidates, no experience can be a potential to nurture you into this role especially during these uncertain times, however a willingness to learn and give it your best. It would be good practise to do 1 or 2 day shifts to make it a lot easier or go visit the home for a few hours to learn about the service users.
- To complete certain mandatory training with Samaras Healthcare and meet the training requirements to work in the homes.
What we can offer
- Shifts on a regular basis
- Refer a friend
- App based shift booking system
- Induction prior to start of any shifts
- Refer a friend scheme
- App based booking system
- ID badges
- Free uniform after the qualifying period if required
- One to One supervision
- Weekly pay
- Flexible shifts
- 24/7 support
- Pension scheme for anyone eligible
- Flexibility on shifts, you chose what you want to work
- Uncapped overtime
- Incentives and bonuses
- Reward & recognition schemes