Support Worker/Health Care Assistant
ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE CRITERIA AND CAN LEGALLY WORK IN THE UK. THESE JOBS DO NOT OFFER TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
Cambridgeshire, Chatteris PE15 area (as long as you can travel here you can apply!!)
Rates of Pay
Type of work
Shift base: Variety of different shifts. Long and short days, mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays available. Waking nights and sleep-in shifts
WE ARE HIRING – SUPPORT AND CARE WORKERS NEEDED!
Do you have a caring and compassionate nature about you? Are you interested in working in the ever-rewarding Health and Social Care industry?
We have secured a contract with a large health and social provider in the UK. We have lots of shifts in Chatteris and require a staffing team in this area to help cover shifts in their supporting living accommodation.
We provide temporary staffing solutions to care services. We have some fantastic shifts which are waking nights and day shifts. The shifts can be from 7am – 10 pm and can be a variety of long and short hours. This is a supporting living facility with 18 residents, 15 of which are in the apartment building and 3 in the home right next door. There is a staffing team so you will get support and in the homes, you will work as a 2-1 ratio. The apartments you are supporting the residents with their support hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity for staff who want to be exposed to different care environments and to be able to choose the shifts they want and a great way to enter the world of care.
The homes are predominately for 18+ adults with a wide variety of needs.
Samaras Healthcare Recruitment Ltd are looking for confident workers who are passionate about looking after service users from all walks of life and putting them at the centre of their support.
- To support service users to live their life the way they choose.
- To ensure service users are at the centre of their support and is person-centred
- Helping with day-to-day tasks such as personal care, routines, eating and drinking
- Ensure care plans and paperwork are adhered to and filled in accurately
- To ensure care is delivered with the upmost dignity and respect
- Comply with the homes rules.
- To complete a Enhanced DBS Check Through Samaras Healthcare Recruitment Ltd for Children & Adult services
- To complete CPD accredited training though external providers or Samaras Healthcare Recruitment Ltd
- 2 references, 1 must be a UK employer if you have experience and must be your current or last employer
- We need staff to be in it for the right reasons and be happy to be nurtured by Samaras to be great workers for our clients.
It is a legal requirement for support workers in England and with our care services to be competent in the field of Health and Social care.
- Experience is preferred for this home however for the right candidates, no experience can be a potential to nurture you into this role especially during these uncertain times, however a willingness to learn and give it your best.
- To complete certain mandatory training with Samaras Healthcare and meet the training requirements to work in the homes.
What we can offer
- Free eLearning training for staff who complete the onboarding process
- Free Enhanced DBS check through Samaras Healthcare Recruitment
- Shifts on a regular basis
- App based shift booking
- Refer a friend scheme
- Induction prior to start of any shifts
- ID badges
- Free uniform for homes that require uniforms
- One to One supervision
- Weekly pay
- Flexible shifts
- 24/7 support
- Pension scheme for anyone eligible
- Flexibility on shifts, you chose what you want to work
- Uncapped overtime
- Incentives and bonuses
- Reward & recognition schemes