Support Worker/Care worker
ONLY APPLY IF YOU MEET THE CRITERIA AND CAN LEGALLY WORK IN THE UK. THESE JOBS DO NOT OFFER TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
Poltimore EX4 (need to drive to location or have a lift in as not an easy location to get to by public transport)
Rates of Pay
Type of work
Long days, mornings, evenings, sleep ins
WE ARE HIRING – HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT/CARE WORKER
Do you have a caring and compassionate nature about you? Are you interested in working in the ever-rewarding Health and Social Care industry?
We have been given a great opportunity and have a secured a contract with a large health and social care panel in Exeter. We have lots of guaranteed shifts all over Exeter, Devon if required. There are lots of variety of shifts from 7am – 10pm with sleep in shifts, waking nights. You can have long days, half days or even make it a live in carer role to save on the travel so you can apply from anywhere aslong as you can get to the location.
This home we are currently recruiting for is a home for 4 male service users. 1 is a wheelchair user, however does everything himself so will require promoting and assisting as likes to spend more time on his own, 2 require prompting of showers with little support. Elements of personal care including one of the service users has a catheter. All service users are friendly and help new staff with the understanding of the home. Very relaxed home with great staff.
You will get support from other staff and the manager and the home is looking for someone consistent to give the service users as less disruption as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for staff who want to be exposed to different care environments and to be able to choose the shifts they want and a great way to enter into the world of care.
No experience is necessary as long as you have a caring nature as the clients needs someone caring to ensure them everything will be ok. You will get other staff on shift with you as well.
Samaras Healthcare Recruitment Ltd are looking for confident workers who are passionate about looking after service users from all walks of life and putting them at the centre of their support.
- To support service users to live their life the way they choose.
- To ensure service users are at the centre of their support and is person-centred
- Helping with day-to-day tasks such as personal care, routines, eating and drinking
- Ensure care plans and paperwork are adhered to and filled in accurately
- To ensure care is delivered with the upmost dignity and respect
- Comply with the homes rules.
- Either have an enhanced DBS adult check in the last 12 months or
- Be on the update system or
- Complete a new one through our agency at Enhance level
- To complete CPD accredited training though external providers or Samaras Healthcare Recruitment Ltd
- 2 references, 1 must be a UK employer if you have experience and must be your current or last employer
- We need staff to be in it for the right reasons and be happy to be nurtured by Samaras to be great workers for our clients.
It is a legal requirement for support workers in England and with our care services to be competent in the field of Health and Social care.
- Experience is preferred for this home however for the right candidates, no experience can be a potential to nurture you into this role especially during these uncertain times, however a willingness to learn and give it your best.
- To complete certain mandatory training with Samaras Healthcare and meet the training requirements to work in the homes.
What we can offer
- Shifts on a regular basis
- Refer a friend scheme
- App based booking system
- Induction prior to start of any shifts
- ID badges
- Free uniform after the qualifying period if required
- One to One supervision
- Weekly pay
- Flexible shifts
- 24/7 support
- Pension scheme for anyone eligible
- Flexibility on shifts, you chose what you want to work
- Uncapped overtime
- Incentives and bonuses
- Reward & recognition schemes